Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Campfire in Fast Company

The November issue of Fast Company has an in-depth story on Campfire, written by Danielle Sacks. Danielle spent two days in Orlando with Gregg and I, and a day in Detroit with us and the gang from Leo Burnett Detroit, sitting in on a brainstorm session for our current Pontiac campaign. During that time, Danielle drilled down deep. She heard the entire story behind Blair Witch, asked incredibly detailed questions about all our past campaigns, and immersed herself in what we were doing with Pontiac. Even the fact checking process was intense, but in the end I believe she explains what we do and why we do it better than anyone, including ourselves. Hell, I’ve been trying to explain my work to my parents for years, and after my Dad read the story he said “I think I finally understand what it is you do. So thanks for the amazing story, Danielle, and I’ll forgive you for calling me a “a hefty 37-year-old with bulbous hazel eyes.” Eventually.


— Mike Monello, co-founder of Campfire Media

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: